You can make this fish in several ways and it tastes good because the fish itself is very tasty. I decided to make a mustardy curry.
1/4 Tbs Turmeric
1/4 Tbs Salt
2 Tbs Yogurt
1 Tbs Mustard (English mustard or any variety)
3 Green chillies
1/4 cup coconut milk or Coconut creme ( 2 Tbs)
Handful of chopped corriander
2 Tbs Mustard Oil/ Sunflower Oil
4 Stakes of Hilsa
- Marinate the fish with salt, turmeric and yogurt
- Heat the oil in a pan
- Add the mustad in the oil
- Gently slip the fish in the pan and turn in around so that the yogurt and the mustard mixes and creates a smooth gravy.
- Then Cover the pan and let the fish cook in the steam for 5-7 mins
- Then add the fresh green chillies and coconut milk and mix it well.
- Finally add the fresh corriander.