Rajma is a very popular dish in India, originating from North India but all over the country people make it in different style. This one is one is my own style and it is very simple and easy to make for a quick meal.
Boiled Kidney Beans (One Can)
One Onion (Chopped)
1 Tbs Garlic and Ginger paste
2 Freshly chopped tomato’s
1Tbs Garam Masala Powder
1/4 Tbs Corriander Powder
1/4 Tbs Salt
1/2 Tea Spoon turmeric
2 Chopped Fresh Chillies
Handful of fresh chopped corriander leaves
2 Boiled Potato’s ( Cut into small pieces)
1Tbs Oil (Olive/Sunflower/vegetable)
- Heat Oil in a pan
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and fry it for 1 minute
- Add the chopped Onions and chillies
- Then add the boiled potato
- Add the garam masala, turmeric powder and corriander powder and mix all of them well
- Then add the chopped tomato and kidney beans, mix all of them and stir for a couple of minutes
- Finally add the corriander leaves to garnish
Preparation Time: 10- 12 mins
And your rajma is ready to be served either with boiled rice / Chapati/ Pita Bread/ Naan bread/ Normal Bread or just eat it the way it is! (I had it with Chapati’s :D)
Hope you try it and enjoy it! And dont forget to let me know your feedback!
One Comment Add yours
awesome recipe! I love your blog so much! and also love what you are doing right now – the Calcutta Street.
do visit my blog
for authentic bengali recipes! do share and comment if you like what you see!