One thing that makes India such a colorful country is definitely the street food, its not just absolutely mouth watering and delicious but also extremely vibrant. I cant help myself from gorging on all those gorgeous treats while I am taking a stroll down the streets and I am lucky that I have family back there so I get to visit the land of exotic food almost once every year!
Street food in India is definitely my biggest guilty pleasure even more than chocolates (yes you heard it right) and trust me once you experience that you cant help but agree with me (of course once you get over the Delhi belly fear). This time my visit to India was restricted to Calcutta (I refuse to call Kolkata) and boy this city is known for the food and Bengalis (The native inhabitants even though its extremely cosmopolitan now) LOVE their food! No wonder I am such a foodie!
Here are some of my personal favorites:
1. Dahi Phuchka (Crispy semolina pancake cups with yogurt, potato and tamarind sauce filling)
2. Aloo Paratha ( Indian bread with a potato filling usually to be had with yogurt or any curry)
3. Indian Saffron Tea
4. Nolen Gurer Rosogolla ( Most popular Bengali Sweet and my personal favorite)
5. Baked Rabdi (Baked Milk Pudding and extremely addictive nom nom)
6. A special Indian Breakfast ( Different Kinds of Kachuri)
Well after gorging on all these delicacies I definitely am having withdrawal symptoms after coming back to Manchester, but that is why I love cooking so that I can try making all these at home!
Finally a pic of me in Indian traditional clothing with my beautiful Mum (A fantastic Cook) who is the inspiration for me to make this blog and most of my recipes! Yeah needed to show off my Indianess :p
Hope you enjoyed this post! And don’t forget to share and care like I always say😉