Whenever I feel like eating something simple and fresh or when I miss home too much this is what I resort to. This dish is not just extremely simple to make but it is as real as it gets when we think of Indian food. And for all you health conscious folks who like eating non-bland food this could be your next favorite dish.
Ingredients you need for one person:
One breast of Chicken chopped into chunks (you can also use chicken with bones, if you like to chew on them later like me)
One table spoon Coriander Powder
I tea spoon salt
2 tea spoon turmeric powder
1 tea spoon chilly powder
3 chopped green chillies
One small chopped red onion (you can also use white onion but red has a bit more flavor)
3 baby potatoes cut into halves
1 tablespoon fresh ginger and garlic paste (I prefer more ginger as it gives the fresh taste)
1 fresh red chopped Tomato
2 tablespoon of mustard oil/ vegetable oil/ sunflower oil (either is good but mustard gives the best taste)
Let’s start cooking :
- Marinade the chicken with ginger- garlic paste, turmeric, chilly powder and salt and leave it while you chop the onions and make other arrangements. Its good if you keep it for 30 minutes but not set in stone.
- Heat Oil in a pan and fry the onions, green chilly and potatoes for about 4-5 minutes till the onions start getting brown.
- Add the chicken (which you kept aside) and let it all cook while you stir it occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and half a cup of water and let the whole thing cook in medium heat till you get a really thick gravy. It should not take more than 7 minutes.
- And then believe it or not your chicken curry is ready to be devoured! 😀
Yes you don’t need any yogurt, cream or anything fancy! This recipe is as simple as that…serve it with hot boiled rice or even fresh chapati (indian bread). Btw you could add fresh coriander if you wanted to but this one tastes good even without it!
Let me know if you liked it by sharing this post or even dropping me a line, always love a good conversation about food!