When people ask me what is my favorite dish of ALL times, I can’t help but say Lamb curry but having said that I am very fussy about the lamb curry I like. This is the one that I was used to having since childhood and never got bored of it, rather appreciated even more when I grew up. I have obviously made my own twists and turns in this but this is one dish that always has been a hit whenever I have made it for anyone!
1/2 kilograms chopped lamb
1 Tbs Yogurt
2 Onions finely chopped
1 Tbs Garlic and Ginger paste
3 Chopped Tomatoes
1 Tbs Turmeric powder
1Tbs Red Chilly Powder
1 Tbs Garam Masala Powder
2 Bay leaves
3 diced potatoes
2 Tbs Mustard oil/ regular cooking oil
Salt according to your taste buds
Lets start cooking..
- Marinate lamb with yogurt, salt, ginger and garlic paste, turmeric and red chillies for 1 hour
- Fry the potatoes in the oil and then keep it aside
- Use the same oil to fry the oinion, remaining ginger and garlic
- Add the tomatoes
- Add turmeric, chilly and garam masala powder
- Add the lamb and then cook it for 10 mins
- Finally add the fried potatoes and let it cook on low heat for 1 hour
- Keep stirring it every now and again
- Test if the lamb is soft and the potatoes are boiled
- Heat the ghee in a deep pan
- Add the bay leaves, saffron, cardamom, cinamon and cashews
- Add the rice, fry till golden
- Add 4 cups of water
- Rice will be ready in 20 mins
4 Comments Add yours
I think I remember this one!
From where? 🙂
Lamb curry done right is phenomenal. This recipe sounds awesome. Thanks for the share!
mmm looks so good