The recipe is in my last post, so I thought of sharing a new video of this delicious Indian Street food with you guys!
Please try and not notice how clumsy I am (well my whole dress is drenched in food by the end of it) and also check out this awesome man – Ben Herbert who helped me make the video!
Let me know if you like the video and if you do then please share it! 🙂
There is a saying that if you go to Calcutta (or the new name Kolkata) then you MUST try Egg Roll from a street stall. Yes, that is how popular this dish is in India. All bengali’s (the people of Calcutta) swear by this dish and will have it atleast once a week if not more. It is almost like the fish and chips of Bengal – greasy, eggy and very very tasty! And the best part is, you can make it in less than 10 minutes in your own kitchen, but obviously you won’t get the taste of the ones that the street vendors make because the dirt definitely adds to the flavor :p
Ingredients (Most of them you always have in your kitchen) for one Roll
1/4 cup (tea cup) plain flour
Vegetable Oil/ Sunflower Oil/ Olive Oil
1 chopped green chilly
1/4 chopped onion
1/4 chopped cucumber
Let’s get cooking (be ready to get your hands dirty)
- Knead the flour with one tablespoon of oil and handful of water (I mean sprinkle some water) and after about 3-4 minutes you should get a soft dough.
- Then make a round ball and flatten it with a rolling pin, till you get a nice big round somewhat like a pancake or chapati.
- Heat up a pan and add one table spoon of oil and then fry the flattened dough till you get a light brownish color and then keep it aside, this is called paratha. (look at the image)
- Then beat the egg and make an omelet, while still raw place the paratha on top of it while still on the pan. Then fry it together for a few seconds till you feel the egg is cooked.
- Finally add the chopped onions, cucumber, ketchup and chilly sauce and make a roll and enjoy!
I promise if you make this, you won’t regret or rather thank me for it! It is delicious and so simple to make! Don’t forget to let me know your thoughts once you make it and of-course share it on sorts of social networking platform 😀